The name “bed bug” derives from the preferred habitat of feeding on humans while they sleep in near or inside beds and bedding or other sleep areas. Bed bugs are mainly active at night and feed on their hosts without being noticed. Body length is less than a ¼”, and round flat shape and body light reddish brown. They can hide in a very narrow crack.
For more bed bug information: http://www.epa.gov/bedbugs
Control Bed Bugs
Control Bed Bugs: Eco Home Safe will develop a customized ecofriendly treatment and control strategy for your needs to quickly and safely eliminate bed bugs from the infested room or area.
Inspection: Prior to treatment one of our trained bed bug technician will perform a careful inspection on your home.
He will look for signs of bed bugs including:
- Bed bugs and eggs
- Bed bug fecal spots
- Bite reactions
Common areas to find bed bugs:
- The mattress, box spring, bed framing
- Coaches and sofas
- Nightstands and dressers
- Baseboards and ceiling coving
- Switch plates on walls, or light fixtures on the ceiling
- Items on the walls, such as mirrors, pictures, lights, and pretty much anything else the bugs can hide behind
Preparation: If the inspection confirms an infestation, we will recommend a treatment plan based on the severity of the infestation and your preferences. We will provide you a written preparation sheet specific to your situation. Preparation vary based on treatment type or methods.
Note: New furniture should not be purchased until the home is completely free of the bugs. If even a few are still present, they can repopulate and infest the furniture. Old furniture that has become infested should also not be taken through the home, as this can spread the infestation.
Our Eco-Friendly Treatment
Our Treatment: Eco Home Safe offers powerful, Eco-friendly bed bug treatments that eliminate bed bugs where they live and breed. We work quickly and effectively with as little disruption as possible. Eco Home Safe will use one or more of treatment such as: Use a high powered HEPA filter vacuum designed for pest control, vacuuming will cause the area to appear less infested when bed bug debris has been removed and it will be easier to identify new activity
1. Vacuuming Use a high powered HEPA filter vacuum designed for pest control, vacuuming will cause the area to appear less infested when bed bug debris has been removed and it will be easier to identify new activity
2. Chemical-Free! Bed Bug Steamer: The Steamer is an effective chemical-free way to quickly treat for bed bugs and dust mites. Cimex Eradicator kills 90% of bed bugs and 100% of eggs on the first passage with overheated steam that can reach up to 356°F.
3. Fumigation Bed bug fumigation is the best option for treating bed bugs when:
Immediate eradication of bed bugs is required, such as in multiunit dwellings (hotels, apartments and dormitories), when occupants are highly allergic to bites or when there is zero tolerance for the infestation.
4. Chemical Treatment We choose products that have been shown to be effective in published research and from our own experiences. Apply insecticides to places where bed bugs hide, travel and deposit eggs, carefully adhering to all label instructions.